Sunday 11 December 2011

Didn't He do Well!!!!

I first met David Cameron shortly after he had become leader of the party, he was doing the "plastic chicken" circuit of all the party constituencies and he came to a lunch at the Bath & West showground. I have to say that I was impressed by his performance that day, although I did have doubts about his leftish policies. I discussed my fears with one of his aides that day and I expressed my view that I had doubts as to whether he would be strong enough as Prime Minister to take tough decisions. His aide said "don't you worry about David, he might seem smooth and polished on the outside, but I tell you he is capable of being a bastard if he needs to be"!

The memories of that discussion have stayed with me, and now after years of wondering whether Cameron had the cojones to be PM, and more recently wondering whether he had been infected with Europhile tendencies thanks to his close relationship with Nick Clegg, it now appears that he certainly has got the balls for the job after all and as Sir Brucie might say "Didn't he do well".

I and many other Eurosceptics have been arguing for years that we need to take a step or two backwards from Europe, I certainly don't want to live in a Euro Federal state with Germany and France holding the whip hand over our economy, I don't want the European Human Rights Commission hamstringing our police and courts and I certainly don't want our borders open to whoever may want to come here. This recent decision may only be a small step down the road to getting our country back, but it is a significant step as it's the first time since Margaret Thatcher that any politician from these shores has stood up for our interests in Europe and said No, Non, Nein to their demands.

I watched Clegg on the Andrew Marr show this morning squirming and wriggling his way through what was obviously a very painful interview. The full reality of what it is like to be in government with the big boys, having to take tough decisions that you may not like is clearly having a detrimental effect on the man. He looked shattered and defeated, the flack he is getting from his own Europhile MP's must be piling up on him, my guess is that he will not be able to go on much longer.

Vince Cable once vaunted as the all seeing and knowing sage of economics has been exposed as merely a semi-useful elderly rambling malcontent, he has done less than nothing as the business minister, his budget has been savaged and he has been left impotent, if he were to throw his toys out of the pram and resign, who would notice?

The odious Huhne spends more time trying to fend off speeding allegations than he does doing his job, in many respects thank goodness for that, otherwise we might have even more useless wind turbines cluttering up the landscape and costing us more £billions every year and then catching on fire.

With the hapless Milliband always on the wrong side of every argument, ably (!!!!!) supported by Balls forcing him down the wrong track, perhaps the time is approaching for Cameron to ditch the Lib Dems completely, go to the country while his personal stock is on the rise, and then go back into No10 with a proper Conservative government instead of the mishmash we have now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, I'm happy to publish anything that is not obscene or libelous, however I do not, as a matter of principle publish anonymous comments. I put my name to everything in this blog, if you want to be taken seriously, put your name to your comments!